Fire at the Payne Farm
Chicken House fire lights up the night in Union County (thankfully no people or birds were injured).

To the Union County Fire Department:

Ernest and Virginia Payne and their family would like to offer a sincere thank-you to the Union County Fire Department. The Fire Department's quick response and diligent efforts helped control the fire that we experienced during early morning hours of January 31, 2008 . The hard-working firemen kept the roaring inferno from spreading next door to the house full of live chickens. Although the Payne family lost farm equipment, tractors, and countless other material possessions, they are extremely thankful that no one was hurt. They are grateful for every fireman and their dedication is very much appreciated.