Stories and Events - Blairsville, Georgia


Pink Hair for Hope

September 18, 2009 - Bariki Salon helps in the fight against breast cancer

Bariki Salon and Day Spa of Blairsville, Georgia, in partnership with SO. CAP .USA Hair Extensions, is participating once again with the NBCF (National Breast Cancer Foundation) to help find a cure. To date the Pink Hair For Hope campaign has brought together more than 375 salons and raised close to one million dollars to fight breast cancer.

Show your support for those who are fighting in a fun and special way - get pink hair extensions and wear them for a day or a month! Individuals can go to Bariki Salon and have a lock of SO. CAP 's signature pink hair extension added to their own locks for a $10 donation. Lasting from September 1st until October 31 st , 100 % of all proceeds will go to the NGCF to help fund breast cancer research (SO. CAP donates the hair extensions for this cause). No appointment is needed. Drop by anytime during normal business hours from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Bariki Salon owner Heidi Sosebee says, "With the help of the local community, we were able to raise $10,850 in 2008 and we are hoping to break that record in 2009. We would like to thank Dr. McAfee and the Union County School System for allowing the students to participate in the program. Their involvement was very instrumental to us raising the amount that we did."

As of September 17 th , Bariki Salon and Day Spa is the only location in Union County participating in the official NBCF, Inc. Fundraiser. Other salons are invited to participate and may contact SO. CAP .USA at 1(800) 428-8780 for certification and registration details.

Bariki Salon and Day Spa is also running a Yellow Hair for Kristi campaign to raise money for Kristi Cornwell's family. For a $10 donation, you get a SO. CAP yellow hair extension. Get yellow and pink for $20 and show your support for both the NBCF and the Cornwell family! 70% of the Yellow Hair for Kristi campaign goes directly to the Cornwell's. The remaining 30% goes toward purchasing the extensions (which are not donated by SO. CAP ).


Bariki Salon

Bariki Salon in Blairsville, Georgia Celebrates with Ribbon Cutting

The business community recently celebrated the remodeling of Bariki Salon with a Blairsville Union Chamber of Commerce ribbon cutting. Owner Heidi Sosebee and stylist Leslie Busbee cut the ribbon while guests, friends, and staff watched.

Bariki Salon has a new look and new faces. The professional stylists and staff offer foils, cuts, color, perms, manicures, pedicures, and waxing services. Specialty styles and makeup are available for special occasions. Walk-ins are welcome.